Monday, January 26, 2015

Pon tu Hombro a la Lid (Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel)

Date: January 26, 2015
Week: 31 Ophelia, Ecuador
Companion: Elder Bustillo/Honduras
Going to the mall on P-day
Ophelia, Ecuador January 2015

We are still working real hard. Elder Bustillo has been a little bit more hard on me lately, but I know it's for the best. It's crazy how much the mission shows you your weaknesses. I am learning a ton and can definitly feel myself being molded. Maybe molded isn't the right word. How about refined? Yeah that sounds better. I am still old goofy Colton Kimball, but I am starting to view people, places, and things just a bit differently. I love being out here and meeting all these wonderful people. As Elder Bustillo says "No extraño mi familia porque estoy conociendo mi otra familia aquí"which means "Do not miss my family because I'm meeting my other family here." Wise words.

Well, lets take a look at the investigators:
Familia Mora:
We had a tour with them at the church this past week and what an experience. They have tons of questions. We are still deciding on whether we should answer all their questions because as the scriptures say... don't give your pearls unto the dogs or swine. They didn't attend church which is sad but we are continuing to work with them.

Teresa Rodriguez:
Teresa is from Cuba and from what she has told me, it doesn't sound like the Church is there. ¡Que raro! She did not attend church which is also sad. She isn't doing well with her haircut shop and is thinking about moving. She is afraid to close on Sundays so that's why she isn't coming to church.

Leslie:
Leslie is a new invesitgator this week. First off, she has an IPhone 6 so that makes her automatically cool. You could say she has money. The reason she is investigating the Church is because her boyfriend is a Mormon gringo. He served in Washington and he doesn't speak Spanish. So that means she speaks English!!!! Well its not perfect but I am sure her English sounds like my Spanish. She got Dr.Pepper sent in from the states so I got to have a Dr.Pepper for like the first time in 7 months or so. She is moving to Utah in March to get married to her boyfriend. Elder Bustillo and I are doing this guy a big favor by getting her baptized. I at least expect an invite to the wedding.

Gustavo and Adal Herra:
Well Adal is like 10 and wants to learn English so he came up and contacted us. We later visited his family. His dad, Gustavo, is all for the church and we got to do a tour with them also. The wife is a little skiddish right now but we will see. We went to their house one night and the wife answered and we asked if Gustavo was there. She was very timid and said he was there "but not all there". Turns out he is an alcoholic but he wants to change. He and his son went to church on Sunday so that means something.
Some crazy members from church
Ophelia, Ecuador February 2015

Just being our normal selves.
Ophelia, Ecuador January 2015

We have more investigators but these are the only ones that are more or less progressing.
So things are all good and I am having a blast. We still don't have hot water so we are still heating up water every morning and showering with a bucket. I am sure that I have showered more with a bucket than a shower head on my mission but I guess thats life for some people. Elder Bustillo is also making me wash my clothes by hand because he refuses to wash his clothes with the mamita. More or less I know how to wash my clothes now. He wants to start working out but that old part of Colton Kimball still hasn't left yet. I still eat the same breakfast everyday (egg sandwiches). I have been downloading talks on my flash to listen to. I still haven't used my debit card to see if it works. And time is flying!

Well all is well and I love being a missionary. I love learning and can definitly see how all these skills will help me in my future. I found a scripture this past week that I really liked and it cannot only be applied to me but to everyone.
 Mateo 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

First off we all know why it can be related to me, but let's see why it can be related to you.
1) Have you done your hometeaching/visiting teaching?
2) When's the last time you went out with the missionaries?
3) Did you read the chapter in Teachings of President Ezra Taft Benson before last Sundays class?
4) Have you gone to the temple this month?
5) How's your family history?
My District
Ophelia Ecuador, January 2015



People I would go on but I will not. I ain't saying I'm perfect because I left to serve the Lord for two years. There are days when I don't want to study. There are days when I don't want to leave the house. And unfortunately, there are days where I just want to quit. But I don't. There are reasons why we have all these programs, they help us and others. They helps us complete our purpose as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Leave the house at 8 and go visit some people with the missionaries. Try to do your visiting teaching at the beginning of the month and not at the end, or not at all. Prepare for the meetings we have Sundays whether that be reading Chapter 4 in The Teachings of Ezra TYaft Benson or preparing your lesson for the praimary children to the best of your ability. The Church perfects us (Efesios 4:12). Make Church apart of your life spiritually and not just socially. I love you all but these are my words for these week and I know they will come back to bite me when I am pressing an IPhone 7 up to my face.

Elder Kimball
Elder Bustillo and I at the internet cafe
Ophelia, Ecuador January 2015

Took this picture today folks.  This is what I look like right now!
Ophelia, Ecuador January 2015

Bailey: Just keep swimming.... HA
Clay: Those are my socks that your wearing in the churchball game. Don't worry bud, the tallness always comes late!
Lexi: Keep rebounding sis! And maybe layoff with the daily push ups youv'e been doing.
Leah: 3 points! Way to go! You've already scored more points than me in my entire life.
Bella: Happy Birthday Sis! I had it written in my agenda on Thursday along with a couple BYU and Spurs games.
Collins: How are ya sis? We will be almost 8 months old soon! Wahoo!
Mom, How are ya? I miss ya mother! How's being at home with a baby again? I am sure its a joy.
Dad, I know BYU stinks. How's being ward mission leader? Practically all the missionaries here say that when they return they don't want to to be ward mission leaders. Did you do the ward mission plan? If so translate it into Spanish and send it to me! JK. I love ya Dad and thanks for all your support!
Ciao to all!
Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment