Monday, September 1, 2014

This Book is the Reason Why I am here in Ecuador

Date: September 1, 2014
Week: 11 Esermaldas Ecuador
Companion: Elder Montesino, Honduras


Dear Everyone who actually remembers Colton Kimball,

This week was a week. Not sure what else to say. 
Just Kidding the life of the missionary is a blast! 

Tuesday: Skipping studies and building houses. 
Remember the Canchingre Family, well we went to their "house" in the morning and went Habitat for Humanity on that thing! It was a blast! Then we suited up for a meeting with the President. President drove 8 hours to meet with us, so I was hoping for something amazing to happen just something. It was like a 20 minute meeting about nothing! But he did challenge us to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days.
Going Habitat of Humanity on the Canchingre Family's House
Esermaldas Ecuador, August 2014
One of the roads in Esmeraldas
Ecuador, August 2014

Wednesday: We taught a drunk guy. Like he was so drunk but Elder Montesino taught him. He did say he wanted to change! HAHA We also had interviews with the president. All is well folks!

Thursday: Well I think I can speak Spanish. Like I can understand 50% of what people say and people can understand like 30% of what I say. So if you add those up that's like 80% and that's all you need to pass seminary so I would say I'm passing Spanish. On this day I realized that I have improved but I've got a long way to go.

Working on the Canchingres Family Home
Esmeraldas Ecuador August 2014

Friday: On this day we had divisions. I was with Elder Mamani again. Except this time in my sector which was so much fun because I was in charge!!! We met with plenty of people and we even found a less active lady with some unbaptized kiddos.

Saturday: I had set a lot of lessons for Saturday of the people that I found Friday. Every last one of them fell through. That was hard for me! Like sups totes hard. I had tried so hard and yet the people wouldn't listen. But whateves! Keeping my head up!

Sunday: We went to church. And the at 6 pm I taught my first class of English. All by myself! It was a blast! I had like 15 peeps show up and even an investigator! They can greet people and say the churches name in English!

Well that's my week folks! Little update on Christian Rosado, our one and only investigator! He did not attend Church this week. Sad but he is till progressing so his baptismal date got moved. I have been working on the Canchingre Casa some more. You could say we are like bros now! They are a great family but they haven't attended church in a while.The house is looking good. 

This week I travel to Quito! Its almost like a vacation but not! We get to eat pizza so I'm looking forward for that. For those of you wondering why I am going to Quito that is a good question. I have no idea! Its called verification. They probably just make sure I am getting trained correctly. I have been out three months now so wow!


Okay Its time to get serious. This week with the President, I was challenged to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days. Psh Impossible! No not impossible! Why do we have the scriptures folks? Those who ignore or refuse to read the scripture are ignoring or refusing to listen to the word of God. I challenge people everyday to read. Its really as simple as that. Sometimes in our life we think everything is complicated. We think everything is too hard and we take the easy route. We might find surfing the web easier than reading a chapter of scripture. We might find watching TV easier than reading the Ensign. People you have been blessed with the power to read. How do I know that? You are reading this right now, Aren't you? Folks, I teach people everyday that can't read. They can not read the word of God. How rare of an opportunity do we have to read the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible and other modern scripture? I am not delivering a sermon, I'm delivering the truth. Before my mission. I paid no attention to the scriptures. I couldn't understand the words I read. I did not have the faith to understand. I did not have the capability of understanding  because I was focused on the world. People! Its the word of God! You got to learn it, live it, and love it! I have a video I want you to watch its long but awesome. https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-04-004-scriptures-legacy?lang=eng

The Importance of The Book of Mormon.
I don't have much to say for this because my feelings about this book cannot be expressed. This book is the reason why I am here in Ecuador. The reason why I have given 2 years of my life. Some of you may think that I am wasting my time out here. That the message I have to share is worthless. That there are so many better and profitable things I could be doing with my life. Well frankly, I will state that you are wrong. I know the Book of Mormon is true with all my heart. I have read and pondered and prayed about it and I know that it is true. I quote the Prophet Joseph Smith when saying "The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." I challenge you to also start reading the Book of Mormon. I know that it can change lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHY-Y9yraR8 This video talks for itself.

Fam listen up! I love you guys and hope you had a great Labor Day!
Collins! You just keep getting cuter and cuter!
Bella! Didn't get a letter from you this week entonces nada por tu
Leah! I got a letter from you but I couldn't read it because the picture was way too big!
Lexi! Stop pretending to miss me! Keep working hard love!
Clay! I wrote to you but to add on to that! Yes its hard to run in pads. HAHA Welcome to Football bud, its a wonderful life. GO COUGARS!!!!!!
Bailey! I still think its hilarious you don't have your license still!!!!!!! HAHA! Yes Physics is hard!
MOM. I miss you and I know my letters stink but I try write good for you. 
Dad! You best be at the BYU TEXAS game! Or I be mad! Please Dad just go! I know its not as fun without me but Taysom Hill is killing it out there! The mission work is great. Still no baptism but my head is up and I am searching. We don't teach alot so when we do we might over do it. I dont know what the problem is but we are working hard!
Love you guys and start reading the book!
The book is blue and it is true!
Elder Kimball

More views of my room
Esmeraldas Ecuador, August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment