Monday, September 28, 2015

A Mouse to the Chest!

Date: September 28, 2015
Week: 66 Otavalo, Ecuador
Companion: Elder Blas/ Lima, Peru
Colton's Address:
Quito Ecuador North Mission
Francisco Robles E-4 151 Av Amazonas
Edificio Iglesia de Jesucristo
Quito, Ecuador
Email Address: ronald.kimball@myldsmail.net
On an island!  Actually we are on our way to church.
Otavalo, Ecuador September 2015

First off I would like to say that I hate making titles for my emails. I really do hate it.

Elder Blas and I had a good week. You probably rememeber the story of Elder Lomeli and I trying to kill the mouse that was living in our house... well the mouse came back. Elder Blas found it hiding in his open bag of sugar that he left open on the counter. I know, not smart, but give us a break we're 19 year old kids. So Elder Blas calls me over and tells me that there is a mouse in the house. So I go and get the home made baseball bat, and he gets the broom, and we got it out of the sugar, and running around on the ground.  Elder Blas does a hockey swing at the mouse in my direction. Direct hit to my chest. I took a mouse to the chest! So I'm screaming on the ground when I see the mouse trying to catch its balance on the floor so I quickly collect myself and take the bat to it, and that was the end on the mouse in the house. Elder Blas could not stop telling that story to the whole zone. The day I took a mouse to the chest.

Speaking of the zone, we were able to meet all the new missionaries that came to the Otavalo North Zone. I have a new District Leader because Elder Hagemeyer is now a Zone Leader in Quito. Elder Perry is the new District Leader. He was with me when I was in Quito. I'll try and get a pic with him next week so you'll remember.
The squat on a rock pose.
Otavalo, Ecuador September 2015

Elder Blas on the rock
Otavalo, Ecuador September 2015

Elder Blas and I have been working hard but with not alot of success. We visited Jorge Mafla everyday but he ended up not coming to church which was sad. We still don't know why, but he told us that for sure he was going to come.

We have been working with Mishel and Fernando alot. The bishop told us that Fernando will receive the priesthood after conference along with Mishel's brother Sebastian. Its great that they are staying so active in the church! Fernando wears my white shirt every week but not the tie. The tie is normal because everyone shows up to church without one which is weird! But they wear their ponchos which I guess makes it okay.

So the converts are doing well which is great for a ward that doesn't have great retention. It's kinda of funny because when we tell the memebers in ward council that we aren't having the best success with teaching investigators, they tell us its because we just baptized and we can't have too many baptisms in Agato. Must be what happens when you adjust to mediocracy.
The typical Elder Blas and me pic.  This is at someones house who feeds us.
Otavalo, Ecuador September 2015

I was made English Tutor again. I think this will be my 8th change as an English tutor. Who knew promising them candy for passing English tests would work so efficiently.

Laborers in the Vineyard
So I really like this video because it really helps understand the fact that even though some enter the fold late and some early we all receive the same. According to ours works we will be judeged and according to our works we will be rewarded. I love teaching about Jesus everyday and I am excited for the day when He will come and we all may meet Him. I know He lives and I know that He loves us!
P.S People that should be expecting letters are the following:
Dave and Carla Meine (Sent a month ago)
Cael Kimball (Family included) (Sent a month ago)
Annika Carlson(Sent today)
If you don't get the letter let me know.
Elder Kimball

Bailey! Thanks for not writing but keep being beautiful!
Clay! Keep being awesome man! Great to hear that your are on BBN! You must be hilarious!
Lexi! Dad says you play great as a goalie, must be because you are so big!
Leah! Love to hear how great you are playing! Keep practicing that Bicycle!
Bella! O my dearest Bella! Little do you know how much I love you! I miss you a ton!
Collins! Hey beautiful! Keep being the cutest in the family besides Capri of course!
Capri! So great to hear how well you are doing! Can't wait to see you!
Mom- I miss you and love you! I am glad to hear that you are in loving mom mode. You sort of just signed yourself up for another 18 years of it. Babies are like Puppies. They grow up.
Dad- Really jealous about the meeting Jimmer experience. I am sure you were in shock because he put his arm around you and you did the awkward floating arm. Its cool I probably would have done the same. I love you dad and keep cheering for the Cougs(34-0).....
Love Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment