Monday, August 31, 2015

Special Guests

Date: August 31, 2015
Week: 62 Otavalo, Ecuador
Companion: Elder Blas/ Lima, Peru
Colton's Address:
Quito Ecuador North Mission
Francisco Robles E-4 151 Av Amazonas
Edificio Iglesia de Jesucristo
Quito, Ecuador
Email Address: ronald.kimball@myldsmail.net
Bus Waiting. Bunch of Selfies this week...
Otavalo, Ecuador August 2015

This week went well. Elder Blas and I are sort of finding ourselves trapped in a corner here in Agato. Everyone knows who we are and no one is interested, but I feel like we have both come to the conclusion of trusting in Lord and all will be well (if we do our part).

Elder Ulisses Soares came to vist with Elder Uceda (South America Northwest Area President). The whole Mission except Esmeraldas and the Orient got to come and see them speak. The Quito Mission came too and I ran into some kid from Grandma and Grandpa's ward (Elder Rodgers). The best part was before the meeting I told my District Leader that the chances of me knowing at least one person from the Quito mission are super high and of course I run into someone I sort of know. I also got to see alot of my missionary friends (Lares, Bustillo, Valentine) there so that was awesome.
¡Taco Bello! Nothing better then some Mexican food. I miss San Antonio....
Otavalo, Ecuador August 2015
Elder Soares gave us greetings from Elder Bednar who is currently in Lima, Peru so that was neat. Elder Soares shook each of our hands and yeah that was eat. Then the 3 hour bus ride back to Otavalo.

We worked alot with Jose Ajala this week. The only investigator we have at this point. He didn't come to church again which was sad but after church we had a cool experience. We were walking to Waiki's house because the lazy bum didn't come to church either. We were feeling down after not a very good week and that's when I see in the distance a little waiki (Any Otavalan is considered a waiki especially if they are rocking the pony tail and poncho.) I finally see that its Jose Ajala! I see that he had just gotten off the bus and they had thrown his sack of potatoes in the middle of the road. I went into Superman mode and sprinted to go help. At first he refused my help but I pretended like I didn't understand and grabbed his super heavy sack of potatoes and started off to his house. His angry frown quickly turned into a smile. First off the sack of potatoes weighed like 50 or 60 or maybe even a 100 pounds so I was just like how is this 85 year old man going to get this sack of potatoes to his house. HOW!? As we dropped Mr. Ajala off at his house with his potatoes he gave us a little old man blessing. Telling us to go with strength and that God will uphold us and stuff like that. I'm sure he will progress after that little oportune service we did.
Soup and Choclo....I don't know what choclo is so don't ask.
Otavalo, Ecuador August 2015

We just set our goals for the month of September and Elder Blas and I decided that we are going to stick with 3 converts and 2 rescues. I was telling Elder Blas that if we are on game like 100%, we will finish the month with 3 or 2 converts and 2 rescues. If we go like 75% we will have 1 convert and 2 rescues. If we are at 25%, we will have 2 rescues. If we are just absolute complete losers, we will still have 1 rescue. Then again that is my way of thinking and we must remember the Lord works in totally different ways, so who knows.

Elder Blas and I are doing well. He is getting a little homesick since he goes home in December but he still is working hard. The guy teaches really good so its great to be learning a lot from him. At first he was set on finishing his mission here in Agato but after a couple weeks now he thinks he should finish in Quito. Hahaha. He can only take the pain for so long!
Waiki cooking up some Encebollado. I swear Dad will love this
Otavalo, Ecuador August 2015

As for me, I feel fine. My feet smell but that's about it. I have been eating my egg sandwhiches like always and I am really surprised that I am not sick of them by now. The members were telling me how the dusty season is here and they are not joking. I have been seeing these little tornados that couldn't be taller than me, but then I saw one take form to a literal tornado. Had to be at least 50 feet tall, it was crazy.

I can't think of much else to write that has happened. So I should probably share something spiritual. Building Families
This video was actually pretty funny and not because we saw a grown man sitting criss-cross apple sauce on the ground. Every moment in life is a moment of learning and teaching and we should never forget that.

I love you all and wish you a happy football season!
Elder Kimball

Bailey- Should have gone to the charla fogonera...look what you did you little jerk. ;)
Clay- Bro you can't quit on day one....
Lexi- Just keep your eye on the ball. Be strong and protect your goal!
Leah- Play your game and I'm sure you will be the best on the field!
Bella- I'm sure you were the master mind behind the movie the Monster.
Collins-You make a pretty good monster now let's see if you make a good older sister.
Capri- Mom and Dad are babying you but I guess that's what you have to do with a baby.
Mom- Good luck during football season. I'm sure you will see your husband in February.
I hope that you enjoy every minute of being a mother because one day we won't all live with you... well besides me;)
Dad- I hope you get to cheer for a winning BYU football team! I love ya dad!
With Love, Elder Kimball

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love how you carried the sack of potatoes. Oh, and choclo is just corn, or more like hominy, so don't fear. According to my Maya ancestors, mankind itself was made of corn, so you're probably just getting stronger every time you eat it :)

    ReplyDelete