Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Nice Talking to Ya


Date: May 10, 2016
Week: 97 Iñaquito, Ecuador
Companion: Elder Nielson/ Parma, Idaho
Colton's Address:
Quito Ecuador North Mission
Francisco Robles E-4 151 Av Amazonas
Edificio Iglesia de Jesucristo
Quito Ecuador
Cleaning the church with Sister Richardson
Iñaquito, Ecuador May 2016
Don't judge me for my devilish good looks!
Iñaquito, Ecuador May 2016

Well it was nice talking to my mom and dad, and I guess the rest of the kids too on Mother's Day. Elder Nielsen and I hunted out a good place to Skype from just because of my experience during Christmas with the internet cafe being so bad.  Elder Nielsen and I had a great week and there were of course more miracles to be added on to the miracle count.

We started of the week well. We worked hard with Marco and Vadimir this week. Marco is progressing well and it´s crazy how well he understands. Vladimir on the other hand, we have taken it slow and sometimes he is so stubborn.

Last Thursday we taught about the Sabbath Day. He said he would never miss another Sunday at church...Ha that lasted like 2 days until I called him Sunday morning to remind him of church and he said he would not be going. I immediately felt a different Spirit about him. He sounded angry and said that his family may be going, but that he would be absent. My intial thoughts were "I'm fed up with this guy. He just doesn't want to keep commitments!"
Squinting like a chinese man
Iñaquito, Ecuador May 2016

Singing to Sister Richardson on Mother's Day
Iñaquito, Ecuador May 2016

I then felt the Spirit tell me to just testify of the blessings that he would recieve. Little did I know that his 12 year old son Sebastian (who had just recieved the priesthood the week before) was listening and was also intune to the Spirit. Vladimir hung up on me and went back to fighting with his wife, Gabriela. Sebastian in the midst of the storm was the calming voice. He began to tell them of the many blessings if they continued in the way of the Lord. He said that he wanted an eternal family and that he couldn't do it without them. They immediately felt the Spirit and their hearts were changed.

Vladimir later called me and asked for forgiveness. I told him that there was no need since I understand how Sunday mornings can get. He laughed and then told us that he would be attending church! Him and His family all went! It was great. We were able to officialy rescue Gabriela and Sebastian and Vladimir is working for the 21st to be baptized!

I know that this work is full of miracles and I love it! I love you all, and wish all mothers a Happy Mother's Day! My mother has brought me most of the mircales that I have seen in my life. I love her to death, although she may not always love me;) I love you mom and hope you feel better after falling from the tree. Remember I love you very much!

Elder Kimball
At a recent  zone training in Inaquito
Iñaquito, Ecuador May 2016

Always trying to learn more!
Iñaquito, Ecuador May 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment