Monday, March 7, 2016

I'm in Iñaquito

Date: March 7, 2016
Week: 88 Iñaquito, Ecuador
Companion: Elder Moreira/ Quevedo Ecuador
Colton's Address:
Quito Ecuador North Mission
Francisco Robles E-4 151 Av Amazonas
Edificio Iglesia de Jesucristo
Quito Ecuador
Anyone hungry?  I didn't get to try it though!
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016
Dear Fam and Friends,
The Familia Yepez got baptized! and Anthony Lazo also! Anthony told me that he is planning to leave for a mission next March so I told him that I'll hold him to it. The day of the baptism was awesome. We got everything ready and thank goodness we had enough baptismal clothes.
Elder Moreira came to the mission without baptism clothes. Guess he didn't quite get the memo that we would be baptizing.
1. The entire gang getting ready for baptism, our sea of white 2. Elder Moreira, Carla, Anthony and me
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016

1. Carla and Anthony getting ready for baptism 2. Brother Yepez getting ready to get baptized by his son William 3. All of us in our white clothes
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016
Bad lighting but big smiles for this exciting day
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016
 Also... Hno. William was able to baptize his dad. Elder Moreira baptized Carla and I baptized Anthony. What an experience. Something I will never forget. The 6 of us watching one another enter the waters of baptism on the little stairs that led down into the font. After the baptism, we had a little gathering at the Yepez house for some chicken and rice. What a great meal to round off a great day.....


1. My new companion Elder Nielson from Parma Idaho 2. A Sunday brunch with some of the members
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016

1. William Yepez and me 2. The Three Amigos 3. Hermana Carla Yepez and Moreira and me 4. Moreira, Carlota, May and me
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016

Saying goodbye to the Yepez familia 2. The Yepez family  having so many getting baptized 3. Anthony Elder Moreira and me
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016

Some aweome pictures from our Ofelia zone conference and reunion.  We made these awesome shirts!  Gotta love those guns!
Iñaquito, Ecuador March 2016
Well I ended up getting changes. Elder Moreira was sad to see me go (tears were shed) and worse were the Yepez (even more tears were shed.) The time I had in Cangahua was really uplifting. I am currently in Iñaquito which is just a couple more minutes down the road. I am with Elder Neilsen from Parma, Idaho. He will be turning 20 in April. He seems really cool and I am excited to keep getting to know him. I will let you guys know more about Iñaquito next week.

Sorry for such a lame letter but next week should be better. Just want y'all to know that the blessing will come. Just keep moving forward. The blessings might come instantly, tomorrow, next week, 20 years, or in the next life but I know they will come if we put our trust in Him and keep his commandments. After much hard work in Cangahua, I was blessed enough to see the fruits of my labors.
One more awesome pic meeting Elder Holland
 Ecuador February 2016

Well I have to go but love you all!
Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment