Monday, October 19, 2015

'Bout Time

Date: October 19, 2015
Week: 69 Otavalo, Ecuador
Companion: Elder Blas/ Lima, Peru
Colton's Address:
Quito Ecuador North Mission
Francisco Robles E-4 151 Av Amazonas
Edificio Iglesia de Jesucristo
Quito, Ecuador
Email Address: ronald.kimball@myldsmail.net


Helped a member baptize his daughter
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015
Well it's about time that Jorge was baptized. What a journey!? I feel like one day when I come back to read these letters it'll just be me going back and forth saying Jorge got baptized. What's good is that he got baptized and his wife came to support him. She may not have wanted to be in a picture with a gringo but hey... you get what you get and you don't throw a fit!
Jorge and his wife
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015
Jorge and I at his baptism!  Finally!!
Otavalo Ecuador October 2015

So things were starting to get pretty good in the week by Wednesday! Jorge passed his interview with flying colors so that was really exciting! He said he was nervous, but I need he would be fine. On Wednesday my companion and I were actually able to find matching Coke bottles that say "BFF" on them. Elder Blas didn't understand at first but once he firgured it out we had to take a pic. Elder Blas is probably one of my favorite companions. We get along great! He has his moments but so do I, so I guess its alright!
Suit Sundays
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015

Elder Blas and I are BFF's
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015
Friday, we had divisions and I actually left Agato for once! It was weird being in a new sector for a little while but it was awesome to make so many new friends in the other ward. We were able to help a father work up the courage to baptize his daughter so that was really neat.
Great to see this brother baptize his daughter
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015

Filling up the font
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015

Why do I look like a giant next to my companion?
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015
Saturday We had the baptism! So that was amazing! Jorge and his wife were having second thoughts that day so Elder Blas and I got pretty scared, but we had the idea to say a prayer and all was well! Jorge was able to be baptized with full support from his wife and the ward came with full support with cakes and treats!

The week was honestly a fun one and I couldn't believe the miracles we witnessed. Jorge is now preparing for the priesthood! The bishop and ward just have a spirit of missionary work now, we feel like we can still keep having success. But as I will forever, praise the Lord and not myself. I know that He was with us in every lesson and with every step helping us be instruments in his hand. I know that the Lord is with us every step of the way. Through tough times and happy ones. A friend sent me this poem and I feel that everyone of us either need it now or at some point in our lives:

Footprints in the Sand
"One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.
This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
Lil' solo pic
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015

Horses in the street!
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015
Well there's not much I can say after that....I know the Lord loves each and everyone of us. Sometimes we may feel that He is not there but He is. He wants us to learn and progress and if He takes every problem away we will learn nothing. I love my Savior and will always remember His sacrifice. Please remember that although you may feel alone He is with you. What could you do to feel closer to Him?

Con mucho cariƱo, El Elder Kimball

Bailey- Live up it up it's your Senior year!
Clay- Way to get a forced tackle! Looking great on the wake surf.
Lexi- I hope you are loving going to the lake and playing soccer! Your life is a blessed one!
Leah- Basically everything I said to Lexi but glad to hear you wakeboard and have tube wars.
Bella- I love you and miss you a ton. You look so big!
Collins- Chubby whubby!
Capri- Hope Collins can lend you some weight....
Mom- I love you and hope you are counting you many blessings
Dad- Glad to hear about your missionary work. Isn't awesome to see the Lords hand work on people? Love ya
Elder Kimball
This is what you get when you ask for your food to go.
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015

Disgusting insects they served us
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015

Ewwwwww
Otavalo, Ecuador October 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment