Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I'm Alive!

Date: June 30, 2015
Week: 53 Otavalo, Ecuador
Companion: Elder Lomeli/Utah!
Colton's Address:
Quito Ecuador North Mission
Francisco Robles E-4 151 Av Amazonas
Edificio Iglesia de Jesucristo
Quito, Ecuador
Email Address: ronald.kimball@myldsmail.net

Me and Susan
Lago Agrio,  Ecuador June 2015

Okay really quick recap of everything that has happened because I don´t have much time. Last Monday we went to the Cascadas of San Rafael and those are like 3 hours out so I had zero time to write and wasn´t going to call and ask President if I could write because well I didn't want to bother him.

Cascadas of San Rafael
Ecuador June 2015

Me eating worms
Ecuador, June 2015
 Imelda Cuenca stopped selling alcohol and got baptized. She got called as Secretary in the Relief Society.
Imelda got baptized!
Lago Agrio, Ecuador June 2015

Entering the waters of baptism!
Lago Agrio, Ecuador June 2015
 We had changes! Wahoo! I went through two other missions to get to my new sector. I am now in Otavalo. My wards name is Agato and I am with Elder Lomeli. He is from UTAH! WaHoo! He went to Lone Peak High School. I got to Otavalo at around 11ish this morning so I don't have much time here but I am excited to be here! Well not much else has happened. Lomeli seems pretty cool so we should have a good time. Reminds me alot of Cousin Cody. Well, I love you all and wish you a good week.
Lomeli and I
Otavalo, Ecuador June 2015

Happy Birthday Dad!
Elder Kimball

Editors Note:  This came from Colton's grandfather, Ronald Kimball who is currently serving in the Albuquerque New Mexico Mission:
It is exciting to hear that another Elder Kimball is serving in Otavalo, Ecuador.  From 1971-1973 I served as the 1st counselor to Mission President, John Heward and Sister Kimball and I often traveled to Otavalo for District Conferences. We were reminded that Elder Spencer W. Kimball dedicated Otavalo for the preaching of the Gospel, and blessed the special people living there. Also of note is that Elder Colton's father, Trent Kimball also visited Otavalo when he was very young, and Elder Colton Kimball's uncle, Travis was born in Quito!
Way to carry on the tradition! Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment